About Us

Welcome to the Levitt Pavilion Pasadena

The mission of Levitt Pavilion Greater Los Angeles & Pasadena is Community Through  Music”

We strive to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities, while celebrating the diversity of cultures, promoting appreciation of the arts, and enriching family values through producing  FREE concerts each summer for the community.

History

Levitt Pavilion Pasadena sits in historic Memorial Park in Pasadena, Originally known as Library Park for Pasadena’s first library, a stone Romanesque building constructed on-site in 1890, this five-acre park was one of the earliest established in the city. Created in 1902 along with the nearby Central Park, the triangular green space is bordered to the east by a railroad completed in 1887 and on the west by Raymond Avenue. The library, damaged by an earthquake in 1933, was dismantled in 1954, though the entrance arch was preserved and still stands at the northwest corner of the park. In 1983 Memorial Park was listed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Civic Center Historic District. The bandshell, now known as the Levitt Pavilion Pasadena, was built in 1930, and renovated in 2002 with a grant from the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation.

The Friends of Levitt Pavilion Pasadena, a a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was formed in 2003 to present 50 summer concerts annually. Admission is always FREE, making live music and the arts accessible to all. The concerts feature a diverse lineup of artists from acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, bringing people from all walks of life together to share an evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and neighbors from the surrounding area, creating community through music. Since 2003, over 1,000,000 people have gathered on the lawn at the Levitt Pavilion Pasadena to picnic on the grassy lawn and enjoy music under the stars.